SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Ike's Rainfall Is Here in Southern OK

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

Hi All,

For several hours now, we've had occasional bands of light rainfall, courtesy of Ike. NOTHING to get excited about--a tenth of an inch here, a tenth there. Wind has been very light to almost non-existent, although there is more of it as the day goes on.

I know a lot of y'all had rain yesterday (and some flooding), so guess maybe we're having a pretty rainy September? Well, at least so far.

The yard and garden perked up considerably following this week's rainfall, and the brugmansias (in containers) are in full bloom and gorgeous. With the recent rainfall, the morning glories, moonflowers, angel's trumpets and purple hyacinth beans are putting on a big show. Just think how good the yard could have looked all summer if we'd had some rain then!

I've been glued to the TV and laptop, watching Ike for a couple of days, and my heart goes out to all those affected by the storm. It isn't often Oklahoma gets tropical storm rain....last year Erin (so MUCH stronger in OK than Ike will be) and this year Ike. I wonder what we should expect next?

Dawn

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting