SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
s_p8987

good plumeria companion plants - big post

s_p8987
14 years ago

There was a post in the Garden Web Plumeria forum about companion plants for Plumeria that inspired me for this post. Enjoy!

Lupinus texensis 'Alamo Fire' This plant has been sort of shaded out by the Laurentia and Petunia in the pot, but it's just starting to bloom and should look nice

Yellow Petunias. I know that many people hate Petunias because they are so common, but I just love how bushy they are. These yellow ones are nice.

Calendula 'Zeolights' I can't wait until these take off. Right now, I just have one lonely bloom.

Laurentia This plant has blown me away. From one seed, I got a huge bushy plant that would look wonderful alone in a container. You can see in the first photo how prolific it is. I wish the flower color photographed a little better. It's more purple than it looks here.

White petunias. Crisp, clean and white.

Linaria I don't know the cultivar, but this is an interesting plant.

I also have Statice and Centaurea in the pot, but they aren't blooming yet. For the most part, everything has been really drought tolerant and I only water when they are looking wilty. I bet this pot would look wonderful just filled with colorful petunias.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!