SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andyandy_gw

I want this spindle bad need advice fast!

andyandy
11 years ago

I just stopped in a local Lowes and saw three large spindles. I'm guessing 9 feet tall (and only $39.95). It would by far be the tallest palm I've ever had. They are all in imacualate condition. I could never fit one in my old house but I'm moving this weekend into a condo with a 20 foot ceiling in the living room. I have two bottle palms that I started from seed so I do have expereice with the family but I would appreciate any advice. The pots they are in are really small and I've got to believe they were dug out of the ground. Normally I would say we have enough summer left to re-pot and get some new root growth but we have really cooled down. they are calling for sunny highs in the LOW 70s by the weekend. I would not buy one until the weekend or early next week (I make my final move in the new place Saturday). I expect it will warm up again at least into the low 80s next week and hopefully we get another hot stretch. Any spindle palm owners out there I would love to hear some suggestions. In my new place the only way it would really get full sun in the winter is in a North facing window (which is not that bad, My coconut and bottles have been in a North facing window the past few winters and have done fine.

thanx.

Andy

Comments (10)