SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Palm progress + other stuff

Here's a pic of the WR's so far, not as good as I'd hoped due to our lack of summer sun here in the UK yet again, but given the circumstances they will do for me. The largest one in the green pot is just producing frond No8. I can't say FAN as its not that divided yet.

The Chamerops H seems to be alive and kicking. I cut off the dry/brown portion of that fan that I was concerned about, and it is now emerging slowly from the crown along with another fan that seems to be fine. Will probably cut the whole thing off once it gets bigger so it seems to be overcoming whatever was wrong with it.

The WR's usually live here, on the site of the g/h that got blown away. They have been put back into the g/h as it's been so wet they needed to dry out as they were waterlogged. We decided to make use of the area so we built a pergola and now use it for barbeques etc...when it isn't raining.

Here on the left are the 2 Sabal Minors that I'm getting really fed up with as they are so unbelievably slow. I bought the seeds as I was told they were UK cold hardy and easy to grow!! Just goes to prove you can't do too much research before buying, I usually do, this time I didn't...good job they only cost a £1. Have no intention of sowing the rest of the pkt as only 2 from 10 came up...the rest can go on the compost heap. Luckily I'm having more success with the 7 baby Desert Roses that are fattening up though....and a further 12 Plumeria that have all sprouted...will have to build another g/h at this rate.

{{gwi:188650}}

Comments (12)