SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalzone7_gw

RE-DO... Went to check on the palms at the central park zoo today

tropicalzone7
13 years ago

And I got good news and bad news but I think a few pics will clear it all up!

Time to get the BAD NEWS over with first!

The windmill palms are now dead. But they are making use of the trunk to support some nice mandevilla vines! Dont feel too bad because I found some other great plants!

Heres a look at them last year.....

Heres the GOOD NEWS....

Some yuccas made it well. Im not sure if they were there since last year but it looks like it. Also not 100% positive on the ID so if anyone can ID it for me I'd be thankful.

Looks like they are trying out some european fan palms and Im sure that they will be disappointed if they dont protect it, but it looks nice for the summer anyway

These agaves look like they survived the winter. What do you think. Again not sure of the ID so if anyone know what it is feel free to ID it!

Another yucca that looks like it survived the winter (again not 100% positive). And another yucca I have no definite ID for!

Looks like a Variegated Fatsia to me. Not sure if its a newly planted one or if it survived the winter but I saw many of them there.

I also saw a few monkey puzzle trees. Im not sure if they made it through a winter yet or not, but I dont remember seeing them last year.

Some more yuccas that look like they survived the winter (many yuccas do very well here)

Im pretty sure I know the ID of this yucca but Im not 100% positive of it so feel free to ID this also!

Some sago palms that are very unlikely to survive the winter. They were probably planted as annuals anyway.

Musa basjoo plant. Not sure if this was a newly planted one or not.

Magnolia that is probably in its 2nd year.

Yucca faxonia ?????? Looks like a survivor (and if I misspelled the name of it correct me)

And a very nice crape myrtle. White seems to be a very popular color around here.

Some more nice plants

Ficus????

Nice clump of musa basjoo. Again not sure if they survived the winter.

This windmill palm has some damage which really makes me think it was a survivor. I was very happy to see this! Anyone else think the damage on this looks a little familiar???

Its a little hard to tell if this is a needle palm or windmill palm since I didnt get a good look at it but it does have some tip burn so Im thinking it was also a survivor.

Nice yuccas. Anyone know the ID??

Oh whoops, is that a penguin :)

Looks to me like another surviving windmill palm but again not really sure.

A younger crape myrtle. This one has purple flowers.

A large variegated florida anrise??

Not sure of the ID of this plant. Anyone know it???

Lots of other nice plants too!

Thanks for looking. If you can ID the plants I wasnt sure of I would greatly appreciate it!

*************IM NOT SURE WHY MY ORIGINAL POST ON THE SUBJECT DIDNT WORK. SORRY.*******************

-Alex

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County