SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

nws calls central ok 'particularly dangerous situation' today

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
13 years ago

I don't have to tell those of you in Central OK that is it raining. In some areas, 4 to 6" or more of rain have fallen since midnight, so essentially more than a month's worth of rain in just a few hours.

The National Weather Service has issued Flood Watches and Flood Warnings and is referring to this as a "Particularly Dangerous Situation", a phrase they use to get our attention when weather is causing issues that can be very dangerous for folks in the affected areas.

Later on we can talk about what all that rain is doing to your gardens and how you can mitigate some of the damage, but right now the key is to watch for flash flooding and "turn around, don't drown" if you see excess water flooding roadways.

I am insanely envious of all that rain that's falling there, but think some of you are at the point where damage to your gardens may occur.

I'm watching The Weather Channel right now and they just said the NWS is issuing a River Flooding advisory of some sort, so I'm going to link the enhanced weather page from the Norman office of the NWS and y'all can see the latest radar there, and the watch/warning/advisory areas are on the map beneath the NWS graphics.

Hoping y'all all got 'enough' rain and not 'too much'. I bet some of you have overflowing rain gauges.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Norman NWS Office Enhanced Webpage

Comments (19)