SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Happy Easter to you all...

Hello Everyone...

I Just wanted to finally post some pics...Whew!!! Photobucket was down for me for over 10 days....I really thought everything was lost...

Here are some recent pics of my trees that i put outside...

My California Sunset is still blooming..so here are some pics...

Also i had a set back...the temps in my greehouse hit a high one day while i was working...Ugggggggggg!

But my hubby tried to help and put some fans in the greenhouse...the damage is minimal.. but still bothers me..here are some pics of the trees...most are fine..but you wil see in one pic some of the damage...im going to jeasve it alon..see what mother nature wants to do...

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter...

The last pic is a special one that i took in Maui...reminds me of Sunrise Service on Easter morning ...

Enjoy your family and loved ones...life is so very precious...

Take care everyone..

Laura in VB

{{gwi:84456}}

{{gwi:84457}}
{{gwi:1162326}}{{gwi:1162327}}

{{gwi:1162328}}

{{gwi:84460}}

{{gwi:13823}}

{{gwi:84451}}

Some other pics that i wanted to share..thinking of Easter..

{{gwi:84452}}

{{gwi:84453}}

{{gwi:84454}}

{{gwi:84455}}

{{gwi:84459}}

Happy Easyer to all...

{{gwi:1566}}

Laura in VB

Comments (11)

• tdogdad
    13 years ago

Laura- look at all that empty land. Beautiful yard. What is on your plastic water bottles at the soil surface? Bill

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello Everyone...

Hi Bill,

Thank you!!! I was checking on the pic for the water bottles...Do you mean the pics from the cuttings? That is the day i took that pic, i brought out all of my trees and cuttings from the greenhouse...the temps in there were much warmer than the outside air..so you see the condensation on the plastic necks near the top of the bottles

I tried this year to protect them from the rain water...we had talked about ways to prevent this from happening nearlier in the year...so i took the top that i cut from the top of the bottle..and sliced it and then reworked it around the cutting neck...it seems to have worked out very well..now i dont have to keep watching for rain and then running outside to protect the cutting as the storms approach...makes for a little more peace in the household!!! LOL..

The condensation hasn't been a problem either...i have been watching, just in case i need to make more room for them to breath..all seems fine so far...since that pic was taken...i have had more leaf activity..but i know thats its been to soon to check..so i just leave them be!!!

Hope this is what you are referring to..i thought that i had posted a pic of the cuttings here..but it was on another forum...

Happy Easter to you all!!!

Laura in VB

• jandey1
    13 years ago

Happy Easter to you, Laura! Beautiful pics! You probably never want to leave home with a yard that nice. I love the closeup of the columbine and wisteria. Did you mark one of your cuttings "egg" because you potted that one up over an egg? I got several cuttings recently from a very generous lady and put about half with egg and half without.

Your burned plant doesn't look too bad; I think if it's just on one side and not 360 degrees around it should recover. A few months ago I had to take a huge 180 degree (rotted) notch out of a Miami Rose, leaving just the tip above and instead of wasting away the tip has been growing great. As long as they're healthy otherwise I think they bounce back.

Jen

• labland
    13 years ago

Laura,

Nice photos! Good to see your planta looking so well. Beautiful columbine and wisteria as Jen mentions!

Hope everyone had a beautiful Easter. Jennifer

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Hi Laura,
    Wow! Looks like you and I both are rooting a bunch of cuttings! I really hope the egg method works well for you. I have around 9 or 10 rooting over raw eggs. One thing you should know is that even when your rooting over the raw eggs, it can still take a while for them to root.

On the Aloha plumeria forum, you will see that there are people who tried this method, and gave up because they didn't see anything happening right a way. you know as well as I do that some plumeria just take a while to root. They do what they want, when they want.

When I repotted all the plumeria from Sonia, I used the raw eggs. I added them to the potting mix and all of them have responded with some incredable root growth.

My Thai Super Round should be blooming today. I have one bud that is almost open. I cannot wait to see and smell it.

I hope you had a great Easter(along with everyone here!).

Take care,
    Andrew

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    13 years ago

Laura,

Get that cover off the pool! It's been hot, hot here for a few days. Always warmer than they predict. I stayed home to get some planting done (we had some large trees removed - and now we have huge bare spots in front of the house) and had to go inside during mid-day. Not used to the heat yet! Sunburned too.

Plumerias look good!

• tropicalzone7
    13 years ago

Hi! Your pics are beautiful as always! Did you take your plumerias outside yet? I have a few of mine outside, but my Divine is making more inflos so I'm afraid to take it outside until its consistently warm outside. Until that happens, I have it by a sunny window. The cuttings are by a sunny window and I have no plans of taking those outside until they start rooting.
    The weather has been so nice here lately too. Looks like a chance for some strong storms tomorrow. Not looking forward to more rain, we have had more than enough here!
    -Alex

Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello Everyone...

Thank you guys for the great compliments...The trees are outside now...i've had them outside for about 2 weeks now.

Really was tired of moving them outside only to bring them in again..( 5 times...ARGGGG) I was to anxious to get them going..then the problem with the greenhouse really set me back..

The damage isnt really that bad..I did have to remove a few tips...and some other tips have already hardened up..so i'm positive that they will branch out from there...

I think that i probably missed out on at least 3 inflos...but the good news is that they are all showing signs of leafing out...

The weather here is finally stayeing pretty consistant..i have been watering alot lately and will start with the fish emulsion and seaweed and fert tomorrow...

The cuttings are all looking great with some leaf activity already...

Jen..yes that cutting has the egg in the container...
    I had to try this method to see what will happen.
    I have two cuttings from the same mother tree...one im rooting with the egg and the other has the same mix like i have always used.

I will post what has happened with the different methods.....i feel like i have a science experiment happening in the cutting department..LOL ANdrew really swears by this method..so i wanted to try it out as well..

Jen (Labland) Thank you ...enjoyed meeting you at the show.... what did your hubby say when you got home? LOL..
    Im sure you have a great selection...I do have a cutting that is only marked UH Maybe Univ Hawaii orange... cant remember...i will email you and maybe we can figure this out..I need to ask Erika too! Maybe she can help me identify..i called the vendor, but i havent heard back yet..

Thanks ANdrew for the comments too! I hope that you both had a great Easter...hopefully the temps in Erie have warmed up for you guys...

Dave..LOL...The cover is still on..want to help? LOL
    Im sure the cover will be off by next weekend..the water temps will still be to cold to swin, but it will look better than it does now...How have you been? Do your in laws still live in Williamsburg? How is your Divine?

Alex...thanks Alex!!! Have you put all of yours outside yet? The temps in the North have been up and down...so im sure you are watching them closely...Don't blame you one bit...i was so bummed about the heat damage...but im thinking that they will be fine...My Divine is pushing an inflo!! YES!! Im excited about this one...yours has been such a great bloomer..so i hope that i will have success with mine this summer...Have you started your cuttings?

Take care everyone...

Laura in VB

Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Dave....

Need some help with the pool!!! LOL...

Had to jump in and say that!!!

Take care everyone..

Laura in VB

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Hi Laura,
    I would love to get out of here for a little while....still need help with that pool cover? I'v been kind of mopin around since this afternoon.

Started off when I was washing out a glass when it broke and I had a 1/4 thick piece of glass fillet my hand open!! 5 stiches later and I am still up because my hand is throbbing. Didn't stop me from coming here though!

What made matters worse? I went to see what SOnia had for sale(I check periodically and drool...LOL! and she had 1 Desert Sunrise cutting! I emailed her right away just to find out it had sold out in minutes. That was the icing on the cake. I really wanted this variety. It has to be one of the prettiest I have ever seen!

I swear, the timing couldn't have been worse for this to have happened. I was supposed to drive to Buffalo for an important follow up with my Nuerosurgeon. I really needed to go but gave up on that idea when I found out that Jose couldn't drive me.

And of course my plumies needed water but at least I discovered that my 'Thai Super Round' from Sonia, was blooming! Only one flower. Have you seen a bloom yet?

I swear, it was the combo of fertilizers, 2 raw eggs, and a few pieces of frozen banana peels(another tip from Mimi that seems to work well for me. I think that's what kept my PEnang Peach blooming for most of winter.)

I hope you try the raw eggs on plumerias that are all ready rooted. IF you have any clear pots that you can use, do it. That way you can witness yourself how well the roots really respond to it.

Take care, I have to elevate my gimp hand.

Andrew

• tropicalzone7
    13 years ago

Hi laura, the plumerias are outside except for the cuttings and so far so good. Today was very cold (high 50s) and tonight will only be in the mid 40s! But My plumerias went though colder than that last year and developed normally, so I'm hoping they will be okay this year also. The weekend looks sunny with highs in the upper 60s to near 70. Still below average, but not too bad!
    One of the cuttings looks like its trying to push up a new leaf which is a pretty good sign!
    -Alex