SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmstx_gw

Plumeria please help, black tip fungus?

kmstx
18 years ago

I am a newbie when it comes to Plumeria's and received mine as a gift at the end of last summer. I do not have anywhere to store it inside, so it remained outdoors this winter covered with a blanket at the base. Unfortunately, I think that it received some frost bite. I have been reading other forums to try to see what to do. Based on another forum, I think I may have some black tip fungus, but am unsure. I am going to number my questions, so if you can help with one of them I will know what you are responding to.

1. It is leafing and branching out on most of the limbs, but 2 are not. One of them was mushy, so I cut it back and it was green around the edges, but in the middle it was black. Should I cut it back until it is completely green in the middle? What else do I need to do?

Here is a picture of that limb:

2. Then one of mine is leafing out, but if has 2 small nodes on it that are slightly mushy, I don't want to cut the new leaves. Should I leave these on here or cut the two mushy looking things off?

3. Another branch doesn't feel mushy or anything, but it has shown no signs of producing any leaves. Should I try to cut it back to make sure it is fine or leave it alone.

4. If the piece has leaves coming out of it, should I assume that it doesn't have the fungus? Several pieces have leaves coming out in several places, but the end is black looking. What do I do with these?

Here is a picture of the entire tree. The left side in the picture seems to be the place I am having a problem.

I appreciate ANY help or suggestions. It is beginning to leaf out quite a bit, but I don't want to let the fungus, if that is what it is- spread any further than it already has.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath