SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david_souza51

Plumeria branch tip damage HELP

David Souza
7 years ago

Hello everyone, this is my first post, and Im very new to growing Plumerias. I bought my first 3 cuttings from Hawaii when i was PCSing from Schofield Barracks to Washington. When me and my wife arrived we tried to root our cuttings, but unfortunately 1 was rotted, 1 refused to grow, and one took root and is still alive today. So this one rooting we have is very special to us.

The plant survived its first winter, and now is back outside with as much sun and love that it can get, so imagine my horror when I found some damage on the tip of my branch. It looked like somethinf ate half off the tip off, and left a brownish black layer. I read that this could be many things, so i decided to remove all the black that I could until I saw green, which was right under the layer. But now I have some severe tip damage, 0 leaves, and no hope of flowers this year. Can anyone tell me if there is anything else I should do to it? Is there any chance that it will at least branch this year. Mind you that it is the beginning of May.

Comments (19)