SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biinaboo

Tip damage and branch questions

Kristiina DiOrio
13 years ago

I have 4 plumies roughly 3 feet tall that I over winter inside in Vermont. Normally they are in a brightly lit sun room, leafs stripped and minimal water to prevent dehydration. This winter (out of my control) they spent a good amount of time in the cool basement with virtually no water. When I was finally able to bring them up to the sun room, they were severely dehydrated and I feared I would lose them. Thankfully I didn't lose any or branches but I did have some damaged growth tips. Now that things are warm enough to start bringing outside, I see that it looks like it forced those branches to create new branches. Is that really what's happening? Take a look at the picture I included. The 2 plumies with the most damage isn't shown whole, just the tips. I know these pots that they are in are woefully small. I had planned on cutting them apart and planting up in larger pots this spring but I'm not sure if I should now considering the stress they are already facing. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh and what's going to happen with the branches that look a little girdled? It appears as though the damaged area is splitting even though the growth tip is moving along nicely. Thanks!

Comments (5)