SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elucas101

My Broken Katie Moragne -Me vs. Post Office

elucas101
10 years ago

For the 3rd time in 2 weeks the post office has driven their truck over my packages several times before delivering them. I have been lucky the other 2 times, but this time they succeeded in breaking something, and that something was my dear 2 tip rooted Katie Moragne.

Your honor and the jury, exhibit A:

She was almost completely decapitated, except for a small part (25% or less?) connecting it to the main stem.
Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

Exhibit D:

I've filed the claim and supplied damage photos, proof of purchase, tracking number, auction number, addresses, descriptions, and proof of insurance.

I do hope the court will rule in my favor. Especially since the post office is guilty as sin and I would much rather have my nice plant than the claim.

Now, to try and make the best of a bad injury, here's the question I pose - in Jim Little's book he shows a less common way of rooting where he does exactly this - cuts a branch but not all the way through and it grows roots while still attached to the tree by a small area.

Do you think this is possible with this type / depth of a cut and with such a small tip to salvage? I am watching for signs of rot in both top and bottom sections. The sap was already dry when I got it so there was no reattaching it and I've just potted it up and left the break the way it came.

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus