SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Living room furniture placement help please.

kellienoelle
11 years ago

I am re-requesting feedback on layout help for a living room of a house that we are purchasing. Original thread is linked below. But to recap, we are downsizing from a newish suburban home to a 90 year old home, complete with awkward shaped rooms that make furniture placement a challenge. I measured to the best of my ability yesterday, used this software to the best of my ability today, and here is what I came up with. I'm including some pics of the living room as it exists with the current home owners things. I am planning on purchasing new furniture for the room, so am open to any and all suggestions, consider the room a blank slate.

To answer some questions that were raised earlier, this is the only TV area in the house, my husband is in love with his way too big TV (48"), so it needs to find a home in this room. We aren't formal people, we just need a comfortable and functional room since this is where we will be spending the majority of our time in this house. The room to the back is a "bonus room", the room to the right is an enclosed porch area currently (and likely will be) used as an office, this living room is open to the entry, so that door is the front door ... stairs directly in front, to the left side of that is the dining room.
{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

So, here is your challenge GW, any better ideas? I understand that this isn't perfect but seems to be the best mix of form vs. function that I can come up with.

Here is a link that might be useful: Original thread

Comments (13)