SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Heat Advisory Extended to Most Of Oklahoma

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
14 years ago

The heat advisory previously issued for a few counties in far southwestern OK now has been extended to most of the state, including much of southern, western, northern, central and eastern Oklahoma. You can look at the map on the linked page to see if your county is included.

Remember that Heat Advisories are issued when dangerous heat conditions are expected, including heat index numbers of 105 or higher.

This extended hot spell is going to be hard on your garden plants so be sure to watch them carefully and pamper them to the degree that you can. I believe tomorrow morning I am going to try to put some shade cloth type coverings over my tomato and pepper plants to keep them a little cooler.

And, remember, both the air temperatures and the heat index numbers apply to shaded areas. If you are outside in full sun, you are going to feel approximately 15 degrees hotter than the stated heat index for your area. Unmulched soil can get much hotter than heat index too, so pile on the mulch.

Y'all be careful these next few days and drink lots of water.

How hot could it be? Well, we know the Buffalo OK Mesonet station recorded a high of 115 today. Is that hot enough?

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Map Is Near Bottom Of This Page

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH