SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Heat Advisory for Parts of Oklahoma

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

I guess we're going from "miserably hot" to "dangerously hot". I've linked the map showing the counties that are under a heat advisory.

Drink, drink, drink, drink, drink and stay in the shade!

I think I'll stay inside and clean the house, although I really need to get out and mow the lawn. (I'd rather be in the garden!)

Yesterday I brought the "outside dogs" inside to cool off for a couple of hours--they spend their days in a shady dog yard and their nights in the garage with a fan blowing air on them. Can you guess how much they liked being inside in an air conditioned house? I had to sweet-talk them to get them to go back outside once it was cooling off out there.

Y'all stay cool and be careful. Yesterday, some of our volunteer "roofers" at the neighbor's house got a little too hot and almost got sick.....and they WERE drinking lots of water and Powerade. So, be careful out there.

I've had to break down and water the lawn yesterday and today 'cause it is crispy brown and I'm trying, somewhat, to restore some green....more for fire protection than aesthetics.

If we hit 100 degrees here today, it will be for the fifth straight day.....but we do have an 18% chance of rain here.....not that I think any will actually fall.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: NWS Heat Advisory

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County