SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malorn

Used Round up..now what?

malorn
17 years ago

I had a previous post about an awful grass..pretty sure it is quack, but still waiting on extension office diagnosis..

Their recommendation was round-up..said it's the treatment of choice for these grasses..no matter if it is quack or bermuda

I'm experimenting..1 area I"ve sprayed, covered and watching for creepers from under the barrier, the other area I just used round up..

This area, nothing but weeds, has obviously been effected..some smaller weeds dead..others just yellowed..the grass has yellowed a bit..

Now what..do I pull the dead stuff, leave it..The bottle says I may have to repeat spraying in 7 days and on the grasses I will..but what do I do with the already dead stuff..just leave it? Also, one of the smallest weeds went to seed within 24 hours of spraying..millions of seeds! Are these viable??..The bottle and web site don't give the answer to these questions..Hope someone here can and any other things done if yo've used this product...

I've never used chemicals..so I'm being very careful, using very little, keeping all living things away from spraying area...

Thanks Mary

Comments (4)