SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
legsbig

Hot Sauce Proportion- Ballpark Figure. Help!

legsbig
17 years ago

Okay guys have my mash ready. Red Habanero Mash, finely diced, minced, like food processor style, 5 months, mixed with salt.

i am going to heat it in a water bath on high for 40 minutes before. here are the ingredients.

red hab mash

tequila

rice vinegar

salt

sugar

lime juice

roasted garlic cloves

onion

My question is, what kind of proportionss am i gonna be using, i can eyeball some of the stuff...

Okay picture in your head the standard 5oz skinny hotsauce bottle most commonly seen.

How many tablespoons of habanero mash should be in that jar?

How many tablespoons of roasted garlic should be in that jar?

ill salt sugar lime to taste.

I assume i then add vinegar and gold sauzo hornitas tequila to get the consistency. What should the ratio be of tequila to vinegar? 3vinegar:1tequila? 2vin:2teq?

5 oz typical hot sauce bottle.

oh, it should be noted that i want this sauce to be EXTREMELY HOT pretty much as hot as you can get outside of extracts. Very Very hot. sweat hot and all that.

IMPORTANT::::

I encourage you, PLEASE do not give answers "its up to you" "eyeball it" "your sauce is your choice" etc etc etc..

IMPORTANT:::

just try and throw me some ballpark figures about how YOU would do it. I already made 2 batches trial and error and im looking for ideas on the third. remember, 5 oz typical hotsauce bottle, how many tablespoons of red hot habanero mash per bottle/ what ratio of vinegar:tequila for liquid.... thanks in advance!!!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored