SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missminni

Leaf disease returns - Pictures attached

missminni
13 years ago

Let me preface this by saying I have a container garden on my roof. Last year I brought a new "self-pollinating sweet sensation august plum tree" from Lowe's into my garden and I believe I'm living to regret it.

It had some leaf disease that caused the leaves to get shot holes in them and wither up.

I treated it with everything natural and clipped it back, but I think it started to spread to a pear tree nearby.

After much investigation into every possible

cause and a season full of nothing but removing leaves and clipping off branches, I finally came up with bacterial leaf disease. I was advised to spray it with agrimycin this spring before and during leafing out ... which I have done.

However, the leaves are coming out deformed and the pear tree is showing signs of it too. I'm thinking I should just get the tree out of the garden...but would like to make one last effort to find a solution to the problem...I am attaching picture of the new leaves from the plum tree that have been emerging...any insights would be appreciated....can it be saved or is it just a threat to the rest of the garden.

Image link:

Comments (8)