SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
earthmother_okc

Mystery Seeds from Spring Swap

earthmother_okc
18 years ago

For those of you that got the mystery seeds from me at the spring swap: I have finally discoverd the name of the mystery seed plant. My memory was a bit dull at the time, however, after revisiting South Texas and returning to the place that provided the seed from their specimen plant, I learned that it is the Angel Trumpet and is lavender with purple veins. I also saw that it was in a large container that was elevated off the ground and is covered and surrounded by large rocks and that is why I thought it was so tall. WARNING: I was told that the Angel Trumpet is poisoness to animals and humans. It is a frangrant, tropical plant that loves heat, tolerates some shade, and may or may not overwinter here depending on how cold we get and how well it is mulched in the winter. It may return from roots and will propogate in the garden from the seeds dropping from the large pods. It will grow well in pots and remain beautiful through the winter if protected indoors with plenty of light. It is a beautiful addition to a garden. I have included a link that has a photo of the purple Angel Trumpet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo of Angel Trumpet

Comments (3)