SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrpearson253

What's this world coming to?

mrpearson253
15 years ago

I remember hearing this had happened to several other people, and even in Hawaii, but I had to share my frustration with people who would understand.

I'm a junior high teacher, and the gardening club at my school had asked teachers to bring in plants to help beautify the school. They would take them and plant them and take care of them. I brought in a plumeria plant (yellow and white I think, it had never bloomed) and they planted it in an open part of the garden area near where we come in every day from the teachers' parking lot. So it wasn't like I never saw it...I saw it every day when I came in and when I left.

That was two years ago...it had since grown over a foot, and gotten much thicker. I'd pulled off dead leaves, made sure it wasn't watered too much or not enough, etc. It was finally about to bloom this coming year, I could see an inflo juuuuuuust starting. I was pretty amped.

Just after I got back from Winter Break (AKA Christmas Vacation for the not-so-young) I noticed the plant gone, and a small hole left where it had been. I asked around, maybe someone had moved it to a sunnier location, away from the roses, I didn't know, I just couldn't get any answers from anyone. I think someone stole the plant!

What is this world coming to where an innocent plumeria plant isn't safe from those would take what isn't theirs? *sigh* I'm thinking of putting another one there with a stake in the ground and a sign attached saying "THOU SHALT NOT STEAL"...what do you think?

Thanks for listening to my rant,

Mark

Comments (20)