SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edymnion

My Grand Project for This Year

Edymnion
12 years ago

As a big Halloween nut, I enjoy things most people would consider to be, um, creepy? Anyway, last year I got into making bonsai out my peppers, and ended up buying some neat plaster skulls during Halloween. My plan was to somehow use them as flower pots or bonchi decorations.

This was the first thing I used one for:

Thats a NuMex Halloween ornamental pepper, supposed to grow black and orange fruit. As you can see, right now it only has black on it (well, dark purple, but you probably guessed that already), and haven't gotten any more fruit to set during the cold dreary winter, but the plant itself is doing well in it's unusual container.

The second one of these I got I decided to cut at an angle, and I was going to graft three bhuts together, one coming out of each eye socket and the nose. Graft them together as close to the skull as possible so that when they reached full size it would look like one MASSIVE trunk growing into the skull's face (I mentioned it I liked creepy things already, remember).

Might need to cut it little further so it lays a bit more flat though.

But, reading one of the other grafting threads here got me thinking. If I'm going to graft peppers together using this method anyway, why use just bhuts? Why not make each of the three a different superhot?

Right now I'm planning on having one bhut, one butch T scorpion, and one... haven't decided yet. I was thinking I have naga morich seeds, but they're too similar looking to the bhuts. I could get a moruga or a brain strain, but those are again too close to the other two. I've got some "lesser" peppers I could use, but if I'm going to be merging these together over a partially buried skull, I want each of them to be lethally hot on their own. Maybe a Chocolate 7 Pod?

Comments (90)

Sponsored