SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bizydiggin

Hello Old Gardening Friends!

bizydiggin
10 years ago

Hi all!

Don't know how many of you remember me. My husband is in the Navy and for a few years we were stationed in OKC. I met a few of you (George and Susan,and many others) at a spring plant swap once.

It's been a few years since I've been back. We were transferred to California for a few years, and have recently transferred to Japan.

You guys were so helpful when we were in OKC, helping me learn the climate, identifying butterflies (and weeds) as well as just teaching me some basic gardening skills, that I was hoping you could help me out some more.

The plants varieties in Japan are bred to produce very small fruits, At least the ones I have found here in the Tokyo area. I'm sure there are many reasons for it, but it doesn't quite satisfy the American appetite! My largest tomatoes are the size of nickels, and my eggplants are slightly larger than my car keys.

I was hoping that maybe some of you would be willing to share a few seeds that I can use next year. Our climates are somewhat similar as far as heat, but I do get more rainfall in the spring.

I'm more than happy to purchase any Japanese seed varieties that you might desire in exchange for some seeds. Any extra seeds that I get, I'll share with friends on base, so nothing will be wasted!

Thanks guys! Sure have missed y'all....

Courtney

Comments (3)