SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanserrackd

Goodbye old garden-Hello new garden

Susan Serra
15 years ago

We moved into a new house two days ago and had the closing today. Yes it's true....byebye garden.

We were under the gun timewise and could only take 7 roses with us out of about 300 roses and perennials. About 3 days ago, we had unexpected 55 degree weather in late December, which was meant to be, the weather, I think.

What should I do with the roses? Put them in the garage? Keep them outside? We have a good amount of soil in each bagged rose. Should they be watered? I've done a search and am not sure what to do.

We have a hill just behind the house with a very tiny yard behind the house, but the hill is large and wide and it's part of our property. On top of the hill are many trees. So, I don't know what the sun potential is on the hill, which does not have trees, but I know it COULD be a beautiful opportunity for cascading roses and lots of color. It's a beautiful hill. The hill faces south, but the house is fairly close to the hill so I wonder if there will be shadow issues from the house or what, since it's a two story house.

It was hard to leave the garden, and we walked around the garden one last time. Lots of good times there, especially with the spring's anticipation and excitement. And, probably 10-15,000 pictures in my hard drive!

Happy New Year everyone!!

Comments (29)