SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janinecollette

New home,, Miss my old garden..

janinecollette
15 years ago

HI All..

I've asked for advice in several posts regarding how to transplant various types of plants when moving. I thank you all for your help.

I just have to tell you guys, that moving and leaving my garden was one of the hardest things to do. Granted I took many of favs with me...I still left so much behind. I'm sitting here crying as I look at photos of my garden. I guess I'm so upset because the woman who bought old house told me that she was 'in love' with the garden, etc., however when I went to pick up a package which was inadvertently delivered there, I saw many cig butts in one bed and a garbage can practically on top of another bed. I doubt she'll maintain it.. and makes me wish I took more with me. Granted, my old house was on .25 acres and now I have a full 2 acres to play with..but still my old garden.. my first ever, will always be so special to me.

My fiancee thinks I'm NUTS to be so upset. Truth is, I babied every single item out in that garden.. I knew them and they thanked me for the sweat I poured into making them a perfect home. Now I have this stark blank slate.. and I just don't feel so happy. I miss my cozy space. Ugh.. I'm sure this will pass and I'm sure many of you have been through this too. I thank you all for allowing me to get these feelings off my chest.

Comments (18)