SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
panspipes

I've just moved to some bizarr rabbit nirvana zone. A lil help?

panspipes
17 years ago

I just moved and brought with me my entire garden. It was a lot of work and should have been worth the effort, right? Well I found a lil dream house in the city. An old farm house on nearly an acre, right smack in the middle of the 6th largest city in Michigan. Turns out, this is the place where ALL the rabbits have found refuge. I lost everything. They are like LOCUSTS! Every evening, as I come home from work, I see at LEAST 6 rabbits scattering through my yard. I actually have more rabbits than I have squirrels . I'm not even going to tell you about the my heirloom lily collection I lost in one fell swoop. (whoops, just did.) Nothing is sacred. PBS should do a program on how urban sprawl has cornered every rabbit in the Detroit area to my yard. Looking for suggestions. I am not feeling at all humane at this point. Any thoughts on nepalm? Flame throwers? Anybody got a cougar or a few hawks that need good homes? What plants WON'T they eat?!!! Lavender? Please tell me they won't like lavender. I love that stuff.

Also, I am looking for fun ideas if I should ever live-trap about 60 of them. It might take me a week or two, but what kind of fun stuff could one do with 60 wild rabbits? Say, there's actually a dog race track near here. lol I wonder what kind of stir I could create by releasing them there.

Clearly, I am delirious with some sort of anti-rabbit fever.

And before you even suggest it, predator urine will not work. There are too many and they are too hungry. And I cannot possibly fence all my property against them. I guess all I can do is plant flowers they won't eat. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time. Kelly

Comments (2)