SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the15thwiseone

Ghost Pepper curling top?

the15thwiseone
12 years ago

Hello all, I have an issue with my Ghost pepper plants having new leaf growth that is curling on the edges, Also, the leaves look slightly "bumpy" and some of the Stems to the leaves have a purple hue on them, only the top half of the plant is experiencing this issue, it seems that it is affecting all of my plants that are in pots.

The plants were started in Peat pellets and are in Miracle Gro Cactus mix, for well drained soil, then i am using Schultz Indoor plant fertilizer that is a 10-15-10 mix (balanced, and not too high on nitrogen). Then i decided to add Bone meal to the plants (wasn't quite sure how much, so i lightly sprinkled about a tea-spoon on each plant).

The conditions the plants are grown in are in a grow room (Silver edition) on a blue table, and with a 8x T-5 Floro set up (on 24/7). I just changed it to 18/7 instead of 24 hours, just in case the plants were getting too much light. I water Roughly once a day with the fertilizer. Is this from being root bound? or is this from being leggy? Or is this leaf curl? (I figured the bone meal would fix the issue with lack of nutrients, however it seems to have done the opposite and made it worse.

Please help me! : Picture here of one of my plants:

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting