SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harley_rose97

ghost pepper 2016

Harley Rose
8 years ago

Hey guys, looking for advice/ critique. Please let me know if I am missing something, or doing something wrong.

I plan to grow some ghost peppers next year, I'm thinking 5 plants. I would be grateful if I could be pointed towards a"comprehensive" guide to growing, all the information I can find is very overview, and scattered about the web.

but, this is my plan, and I feel I need to start working now if I am going to have my poop in a group by mid January.

I will start them indoors, in 2" pots, with ph corrected peat moss, and 35% perlite. Ph should be at 6, I believe?

I have a seedling heating mat with thermostat I will use to keep them in the mid 80s, and a 2' t5ho light will be placed 2-3" above the canopy level during their stay indoors. I am planning on keeping them in an aquarium as well, in order to keep them warmer than my house which gets somewhat cold in the winter time. I will use an aquarium pump on a timer to stimulate air exchange in the "greenhouse". Does anytime know the ideal rh for these?

when I repot them I will add worm castings at 10% to the same mixture. I plan to use fish emulsion fertilizer when necessary and myccorhizae throughout the grow. Final planting will be into black 5 gallon bucket with large drainage holes, and a small layer of gravel to aid in drainage

when I move them outside, I'll plan on putting them under a shade cloth for the first week or two, and of course move them out for a couple hours a day during that time, would it be advisable to also use plastic sheeting to create walls around the plants to help eliminate wind/temperature/humidity fluctuation.

the plants will be in a position to receive direct morning/evening sun, and hopefully diffused sun at mid day. I haven't yet determined what will be done about pest control

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County