SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigdogg30

I don't remember what I planted!!! AHHH

bigdogg30
17 years ago

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I was looking over my several palms and noticed a new spear (new seedling) coming out of the soil in one of my community pots. I had forgotten that I even put seeds in that pot! I thought I might have put one in the pot, but I didn't note that it my head. You can imagine how surprised I was to see this coming up (very surprised). What a nice little present. Can't wait for it to grow so I can get an I.D. on it. I believe that it was planted at the end of November. How many months? Four I believe. Wow. Not knowing about a seed germinating and just being surprised is better than waiting and waiting and waiting. If I had remembered that I had planted a seed and wait four months I would have died. It's odd because a couple months ago I dug right in that spot (unknowingly) to transplant a couple CIDP seedlings (transplant=success) and didn't find any seeds. Now a new seedling is coming up!!!

I don't know what kind it is because I got the seeds without an ID and no body could ID them without a picture of the palm. Just felt I ought to share this odd story.

Comments (3)