SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
californian_gw

Passion fruit vine taking over yard

californian
17 years ago

I planted a purple passion fruit vine about three years ago and it is now huge. I planted it at a point where one fence intersected another to form a T. It has vines 50 feet long growing in three directions making the width of the plant about a hundred feet and still growing. I had an 8 foot high 8 foot wide playhouse that it completely covered where I can hardly see it anymore. Now it has jumped the gap between the fence and the house and may be preparing to cover the house. It has also jumped onto a Eucalyptus tree and may soon try to cover that. Does anyone know how big it can get if I just let it keep going? It produces buckets full of fruits and the vine looks extremely healthy and the leaves are a beautiful dark green color. The base of the vine is over two inches thick. I live in Orange County , Californa, so the growing conditions must be just right, even with my terrible clay soil. But I did plant it next to a retaining wall that was backfilled with sand and gravel so maybe thats why it is growing so good.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012