SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimhardy_gw

So far so good for 2 Trachys planted outside Nov 1

jimhardy
16 years ago

My goal this winter was to keep my T.fortunei and T.x hayes "stiffie"( I beleive a cross between a waggy and fortunei)between 10F and 90F so far so good lowest 9F hi 90F these temp extremes are only reached for a short time-say 2 hours-these trachys were kept in a umbrella g/h 49x44 with 2 vent flaps, begining next week temps should be warm enough to consider removing greenhouse but I will still use to cover to keep them dry as I beleive letting plants get to much rain before temps warm up for good is the main hazard now that worst of (sustained) cold weather is behind us my fortunes outside have been better in some ways then my palms inside.Hope to post some pics before they are all planted,planted and update throughout the year including multiple protection methods for next year- ouch it hurts to even mention next winter I,m not convinced this one will ever end yet!!!So how is everybody elses doing? any more pics?how about a round of monthly updates from ya'all starting now with March.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus