SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelleyp125

Seriously? Seriously.

kelleyp125
13 years ago

I've just come inside from pruning my patio tomato plant to within an inch of its life. I've gotten 2 wonderfully tasty tomatoes off of it this year. Two. Two are sitting there, waiting to ripen, and one is trying *really hard* to grow. My beefsteak tomato plant is huge in comparison, but nothing compared to Jo's tomato plants (I suspect she is feeding them steroids). It has one decent sized tomato that is just hanging out, and a bunch of blooms. My heirloom tomato plants are the Charlie Brown Christmas Trees of the tomato world. My Juane Flammee has given me 2 or 3 tomatoes, and has 1 lonely tomato hanging on, like a pale yellow Christmas ornament.

Jo has been wonderful and is trying to help me stay on tomato-suicide watch. I'm not sure they still have a will to live. Since my marigolds bloomed, I haven't seen any aphids, and Jo set me straight with some mulch and Tomato Tone. I don't see any bugs when I go check on them!

I want to give them some anti-depressants or something - or take one myself - this is a downright depressing situation! I JUST WANT TO EAT SOME TOMATOES!!!!!!!!!

Comments (21)