SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biradarcm

Month of June...too much

biradarcm
11 years ago

Hi All,

I have been busy since memorial weekend. We have been to Dallas, Geogtown, Austin, then spend two days at San Anonio (See World, Aquatica, River Walk,etc). It was great trip, we had tons of fun. Then back to Norman on May 31, spend couple of days at OSU Stillwater meetings on SMAP (soil moisture and rapid onset of drought, then to Lake Taxoma for the feasibility study for setting up lake water quality monitoring system using satellite remote sensing. Then spend some time on continental drought and tree mortality (Dawn, I need to revisit your post about delayed drought impact and tree limb falling).

When I back from all these events, and found that our garden has been producing tons of the produce to harvest and process and proved to be a very productive garden year. Lots and lot of tomatoes, one more good year for onions, potatoes, and garlic. We have already picking up Okras, Eggplants, Cucumbers, Zucchinis, Chillies. I have been busy in the garden last few evenings in planting succession crops of cluster beans, second batch of okra, bush and pole beans, southern peas, edible amaranth, etc. Started pruned tomato cuttings in cups for the fall planting.

Fortunately our garden escaped from all storms so for, (touch wood!) except sweet corn plants were toppled by strong wind gusts. Our nice neighbor told me that one of our roof vent flew away by the wind. He saw a big hole on the roof when i was inspecting his home roof. We got it fixed.

Spring Fling swap are growing great. Dawn's Luara Bush Petunia are super hit, they were such a tiny plans now become huge clusters.

All in all, June started with too many things at a time. I am sure all of you folks are busy in harvesting, processing, cooking... wow!!! too good year.

Cheers -Chandra

Comment (1)