SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

Ignorance was bliss...TP drama...

ademink
13 years ago

I have approx. 18 tree peonies (too dark out there to count for sure lol). Until I just came to this forum, I had no clue I wasn't supposed to plant in the Spring. Oops.

Probably explains why 4 of them are still little junior samples.

Last week I planted 2 new potted TPs. One of them I was able to keep the rootball intact on (they are not too large, but do have foliage). However, one of the others broke apart and I saw that several of the delicate new roots were torn. DRAMA. LOL

I have been on here poring over posts for the last hour and reading on websites about how TPs will likely die if planted in Spring. Somehow, this happy idiot has been really lucky over the last several years b/c I think only one of mine has died and that's b/c a neighbor kid stepped on a small one and obliterated it.

Anyhooo...is there a point? Indeed....

Also last week I ordered 3 TPs from sexybloomers (I feel dirty just typing the name...) and have now ready horror stories about them, how they will be sending me dormant sticks that will never root and grow, etc.

Any chance that anyone has planted a dormant peony in the Spring and had any luck???

My first TP was one of the cheapo box numbers that I planted in Spring and it is my largest and most floriferous (my two cent word for the day) TP. Did I just get lucky?

I'd hate to think I just flushed money down the toilet. :(

Thanks for reading my manic musings and for any comfort, chastising or banishment from the royal kingdom you might provide. :)

Andrea

Comments (2)