SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neonrider

What causes Sabal Palmetto to wilt after planting?

neonrider
13 years ago

Had multiple Sabal Cabbage Palmetto (tall) planted yesterday and central foliage two of them looked slightly light green and slightly wilting and softly, but wasn't looking bad yet. Just hours after those two were planted the part of the foliage, most likely the one in the middle started wilting and in the morning those leaves look almost white in color or sickly yellow and drooping down. What causes a cabbage palm to wilt so quickly and I assume it already was wilting during the transportation from and to nursery that delivered and planted them. Yet I thought it will be fine once planted and watered although the nursery owner told me to not water them after planting since they already watered them. Yet hours after planting I watered them as the ground seemed dry. Do you think there is a chance they will recover or could this be some kind of bacteria, disease or simply underwatering during transportation? The foliage is few, the rest was cut back as usual. Two palms out of four are wilting part of their foliage and the other two seem to be fine. The weather is great. Around 80F.

Comments (12)