SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shankins123_gw

Two different tomato problems...

14 years ago

Well...this is an interesting year. After my whole SunGold plant faded away I thought everything was good with my other tomato plants. Then I started noticing a few leaves here and there were completely dried up...kind of gray almost. Each day brought more, and now I think I have spider mites. I haven't actually seen the mites, but I am seeing very very tiny web bits...and the leaves have somewhat of an almost lacy appearance to them. Nothing else on the Aggie problem page addresses what I'm seeing.

Then...a huge tomato on my Mortgage Lifter (actually the only tomato on that plant) is gone...looks like Late Blight to me. Fully 1/3 of the green tomato turned brown/black/gray and oozy before I knew anything was going on. The leaves on the plant are ok, as was the stem. The only other thing that may have happened (?) is if a bird, or insect of some sort punctured it and then that section rotted out.

If I do have blight (fungal cause) AND mites (exacerbated by hot and dry weather) what in the world do I do? The only plants that seem to be relatively unaffected and happy (producing more than one or two tomatoes) are my Chocolate Stripes and one of two San Marzano Redortas...the other one has set NO tomatoes at all.

Thoughts?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm