SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Week of July 11

gldno1
18 years ago

It is a very hazy morning here. No rain so far and it looks like we are a little far West to get much. The good news is it looks like those of you in Missouri needing it the most are in line for rain from Dennis. Sure hope you get lots of it. Spfld got 1/12 inch last night when we got lots of wind and thunder but 0 rain.

I need to water the tomatoes today. Even under the mulch, they are dry. I also think I will tackle the "berry patch" behind the tomatoes. It is a space maybe 30x15 where I brushhogged the blackberries last year and they came up from roots in a very random way. I will have to do this one weed (some 10-feet tall) at a time. It amazes me how the weeds grow in this weather when everything else looks pretty sad.

Flowers are still hanging on. Nothing new in bloom except rudbeckia Goldsturm......my first year.....can't decide if I like it or not, but it looks really healthy with very little moisture, so that is a plus. My seedling delphs (from my light blue one) are beginning to bloom and they are all the dark blue with black bees! This is the color that I wanted from the beginning. They must be a throw back to one the lighter ones parents. No one around me has delphs. I was so sure they would all be light blue. Very interesting.

Some of the new daylilies are blooming, Joylene Nicole and Joan Senior and three unnamed ones I bought at a local greehouse. She just labeled them red, orange and pink. One is orange with burgundy eye, my first eyed one. I have decided the pinks need to be away from true pinks of roses.......they clash. The daylilies are never true pink to me.

Well, need to get dressed and get outside before it heats up too much.

BTW, have started reading The Mansion by Faulkner and am enjoying it very much.

gld.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH