SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21934719

Deja vu all over again?!

User
13 years ago

Meteorologists will be pulling their hair out once again this week as some computer models are hinting at another East coast megastorm. Some models have some of the same areas getting walloped once again, some models take the storm further north and east. Still have snow banks here but the parking area is only just now black top and I can back out of the driveway without hitting a glacier. Meantime, yesterday was so mild, that I was able to use the hose on all the somewhat hardy tropicals that are overwintered in the garage. So, what do you think, are these knee deep snows an advantage or disadvantage for the cold hardies in the ground? I know the wettness isn't great but on the other hand, if the plants are covered in snow, it must be insulating (especially from the winds). After the snow event (or non-event), we are supposed to get another hit of arctic air (not sure if this one is expected to reach Cuba like the last one). Supposedly, we can blame the Greenland block as high pressure and above normal warmth are again found in Greenland and the Canadian Maritimes.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor