SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seedmama

Garden Season Recipe Thread

seedmama
13 years ago

No. This thread is not about recipes for using your garden harvest. These are recipes you fall back on to feed your family fast so you can spend as much time as possible in the garden.

I'll start by providing a link for pulled pork. You'll soon learn that for every recipe I share, I tell you what the recipe says, then I tell you what I do.

I like the recipe as it is written, but I don't like turning on the oven, so I use the crock pot. I recently got pork shoulder roasts for a dollar a pound, so that is what I used. I prepared a double recipe of rub, and put two roasts in the crock pot at the same time. I do not add the three cups of water when I use the crock pot. I put a sheet of waxed paper between the crock and the lid to retain get a good seal and retain moisture. It cooked for 10 hours on low heat.

After we ate, I bagged up portions sufficient for family dinner, plus husband's next day lunch and froze them. I added a little of the pan juices to each bag. Defrosting in the microwave allows me to get a good meal on the table in a hurry.

I serve the pulled pork in a tortilla, flour or corn, and and traditional TexMex condiments. This is a favorite recipe for large gatherings.

I'll add more recipes as time permits. What are your secret weapons?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pulled Pork Recipe

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!