SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceresone

Garden Week Of June 11, 07

ceresone
16 years ago

Time to start off another week--do you realize this year is almost half over?Older you get, the faster years go.

Not much to be done in the garden today, it's raining out. We havent gotten the soakers everyone else has, but every drop is appreciated. I need to find some more to mulch with too, getting thin in spots.Hope you all have Ruth Stouts books, only way to garden, in my thoughts.

Picked and shelled about 2 quarts of peas yesterday, next year, I'm putting out a type where we can eat pods and all.

Need to tie tomatoes up again this week, beans and cukes really responding to the rain. garlic getting close to harvest time, and I have 2 more flats of cabbage about ready to set out for fall. Make sauerkraut last year for the first time in a long time--about gone. And.. I'm the only one that eats it--hubby dont care for much anymore.

Marian, mine will be 68 next month, and I will be 70-only a few days apart.

Glenda, how is your Bermuda doing? mine has came back, after 3 applications of that chemical last fall, like you said, pretty expensive.

Anyone plant corn? the meds dont let me sleep at night, so my mind is active--LOL. We used to use field corn for roasting ears, Mom just added sugar, I remember Dad growing a few rows of Country Gentleman--and we all knew that was "Mom's Corn".

And I was born in Iowa, moved to Missouri in 1940-- 60 highway was a dirt road-hard to imagine?

Well, I guess the animals are wondering where the feed is, rain or no, so heres hoping all of you I took down memory lane didnt get wet--till next time.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!