SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

June Gardening Activities

gldno1
12 years ago

Well I will start this month!

I finally was able to do some gardening after company left Monday....hips are better too which helped.

I did the last tilling of the Kitchen Garden. Planted the Kwintus pole beans and did some string trimming.

Christie, I thought of you when I couldn't start my Stihl. We took it to Bolivar Precision Small Engines (where we buy everything yard tool). The serviceman started it right up. I have been going by the book like always, but since it was worked on......that floods it. I started it for him and he said it looked like I was having to pull too hard. He suggested an Echo E-Z Start trimmer. He said Echo is the most under-rated trimmer on the market. They have carried them since they opened 27 years ago. I tested one and bought it on the spot! I guess as I have grown older...I don't have the strength I once had....surprise, surprise!!! It was the same price as the same thing in a Stihl but easier for me so I now have it. I used it yesterday and was just delighted at how little pressure is needed. Something about a compression and a spring....Cost $249. I will still use the Stihl....may teach DH to trim along with me way away from the flowers or anything else he can cut down!

So.........yesterday I did about an hour of trimming and hoed some in the garden where the tiller can't reach.

I am now going out at 6:30 and working until about l0:30 before it gets too hot. Then we cool down and rest on the porch swing.

I covered the lettuces with my old greenhouse shade cloth.

90ð temps are not good for them. I hope it helps them survive.

We are having lots of green onions and lettuces now.

Comments (31)