SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Journal for May 16-22

gldno1
19 years ago

Today was errands and mowing. Oh, I forgot, I did start on getting all my plants out of pots and into ground! I planted three hydrangeas, 2 Nandinas, 1 azalea and 1 variegated willow today. I am redoing a bed or foundation planting outside the kitchen which is why all the plants.

I found another nursery nearby! Karen and Nancy's Iris. You pick them out of the field (I do mean field!) and they dig them for you, $3 and$5 each. Lots of fun. I may try to get back and pick out a couple more. I really like seeing the colors in real life as opposed to catalog pictures.

I still haven't planted the rest of the vegetable garden, but with this cold spell, I figure I am ok. Still have to do pole beans and sweet corn and sweet potatoes and peppers and cucumbers.

Our nice 2" rain sure made my digging chores much easier....

In bloom now in my country style gardens: Hesperis matronalis, German Chamomile, iris, roses, two kinds of lamium, oriental poppies (orange), garden sage, perennial sages Blue Hill, Caradona and a dark purple one. I just planted some bedding plants that look pretty sorry still. I kept them in the pots way too long.

That's it in my domain for today.

GD

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH