SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Texas Hummingbird Sage from the Swap

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

If you got Texas Hummingbird Sage from me at the swap in OKC a few weeks ago, I owe you an apololgy. I am not sure what it is, but I've been looking at the patch I dug up the seedlings from, and it definitely looks less and less like Texas Hummingbird Sage as it gets taller and taller. It could possibly be a different sage, but the leaves are starting to look like they might be a mint. Of course, I don't recall ever having a mint in that bed, so I am confused.

Thought I'd give you a heads-up so you can remove the "Texas Hummingbird Sage" if you don't want to take a chance on it being something else. As soon as I figure out what it is (assuming this patch doesn't die from the foot of rain that fell on Tuesday), I'll let you know.

I am 98% sure it is not Texas Hummingbird Sage. The leaves are a little smaller and more narrow than the Texas Hummingbird Sage now sprouting in another bed. I did have 8 or 10 salvias in that bed last year, so it could be it is just another salvia.

Sorry for the confusion.

If my plants survive the summer, I can bring full-size, blooming Texas Hummingbird Sage plants to the fall swap--I always have oodles of them by June. Of course, with more rain coming this weekend, I just hope the whole garden doesn't wash away.

Dawn

Comment (1)