SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

veggie dishes

christie_sw_mo
15 years ago

What veggies have you been eating this week? I need some recipes or ideas at least. I think it's the time of year, nothing in the garden yet and my family seems to be getting burned out on the same-ol' stuff I always fix.

This week we had green bean casserole with cream of mushroom soup and those french fried onions on top. I made broccoli and cheese one night but only my daughter and I eat that, raw veggies with Marzetti's Ranch veggie dip, and last night, Libby's canned corn with a pat of butter on it. : ( At least the kids will eat it.

Our favorite way to eat green beans is to add a can of Bacon Flavored Pintos and a little extra bacon and onion. Of course they taste better when using fresh green beans but none of those lately.

Sometimes I make broccoli salad (Trees and Raisins) but haven't made that lately.

What do you fix the most? What do you make when you're cooking for kids? Mine aren't as picky as they used to be. At least they'll try my new recipes without having a panic attack now.

What veggie dishes do you usually take to pot-luck dinners? I'm always in charge of the Trees and Raisins if we're getting together with my hubby's side of the family and sometimes make a fresh Spinach Salad that everyone seems to like.

Hope this isn't too off-topic since we're all planting veggies now.

Comments (30)