SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaleeisa

Grrrrr.. something eating my leaves

jaleeisa
15 years ago

I have a feeling it's those really large 'grackle' crows or some other bird. This isn't insect damage. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to actually go and buy squash plants because something keeps nipping the leaves off of the stalks. They've done it to a few of my tomato leaves as well. Any suggestions? The only thing I can think to do is put some kind of cover over them. Toms, after sinking 2/3 of their height under the soil are back up to about 18 inches and really looking healthy. Squash seedlings aren't even being allowed to get a second set of leaves. These were direct sown because my indoor started seedlings got blasted away somewhere in Edmond, or perhaps Guthrie, after the last set of windy days we had high gusts. They were outside for the last few days of hardening and I had to go to have bloodwork drawn for my surgery in a few weeks. Didn't expect the gusts to kick up so hard before I got back, I was only gone about 45 minutes!

Any suggestions as to what it might be and how to stop it would be much appreciated. I'm going to give these seedlings a few more days and see if they can recover before I give up and go buy some.

Kathy

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert