SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canokie

Looking for several tomato varieties...

Shelley Smith
11 years ago

Hello everyone,

Last year I grew Black Cherry and it was my favorite. The flavor was awesome and it also seemed to do well compared to the other tomatoes I grew. But I haven't seen it around this year - TLC doesn't have it and neither does Farmer's Grain Co. in Edmond. If it was listed through the Oklahoma Food Co-op I missed out. Has anyone seen the plants anywhere in the Edmond/OKC area?

I have not grown Chocolate Cherry or Black Plum (the latter is a paste type I think) but would like to try them. Has anyone here grown these varieties, and if so, what did you think?

And finally, the Co-op has Haley's Purple Comet and Honkin' Big Black Cherry. I've never heard of these and even googling didn't turn up much so I'm thinking they might be rare varieties.. Has anyone here grown these? I'm wondering if the latter is similar to the Black Cherry I grew last year.

Also, if anyone has recommendations for outstanding paste type tomatoes, I'd love to hear them. I'm hoping to get enough tomatoes to process this year and would like to make some really outstanding tomato sauce.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH