SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trubbadubbadoo

Gardening Is Dangerous!

trubbadubbadoo
16 years ago

Well, the wind has finally stopped blowing. So I went out to put the house back on it's foundation, drag the skid-loader from down the road (where it had blown up against a big ol' elm tree) and do a little more planting.

I figured while I was out there, I would pick me some fresh spinach so I could wilt it down in some bacon fat and eat it with some freshly laid scrambled eggs. YUMMY!

To my horror, there was no spinach to be found!

Where only hours before, had existed plant after plant of the most lovely, dark green, succulent and tasty spinach - was only a dreary wide row of freshly turned earth.

While I stood there with hands on hips, muttering obscenities, contemplating murder and mayhem - I spotted the culprits.

They had brazenly returned, and in broad daylight no less!

Now I know everyone remembers this little tune from their childhood. However I have taken the liberty of changing a few of the words.

Let's all sing it together!

"Here comes Peter cottontail

Hopping down the bunny trail

Hippity-hoppity with all my spinach in his teeth!"

Well, knowing that bullets would only bounce off of these little Popeye enhanced vermin, I decided that discretion was indeed the better part of valor - so I backed slowly away before they decided I was Bluto and put a serious butt whupping on me.

Gardening is dangerous work.

And contrary to popular belief - rabbits don't eat carrots (sorry Bugs).

THEY EAT SPINACH!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus