SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ponce418

Please Don't Die, Mr. Butterfly Bush.

ponce418
16 years ago

I was laid up for part of the weekend w/ an awful migraine. By Sunday I was back on my feet and it was the perfect day for weeding the front garden beds (and planting some fall mums). Noticed an immediate difference the moment I stepped out the door.

We planted two butterfly bushes earlier this summer and they have absolutely taken off w/ growth. I knew we had good soil (TONS of earthworms...rich, dark soil full of nutrients), but apparantly its even better than I thought 'cause these are two of the biggest butterfly bushes I've ever seen. And they were starting to encroach on our weigela.

My plan was it wait until they were dormant & transplant them to another location w/ more room. But, hubbie decided to do me a favor and move 'em Sunday morning before I was back on my feet.

They wilted almost immediately. I watered 'em well and now I've just got my fingers crossed that they're as hardy as people have told me.

Front yard looks great though. Got some beautiful mums. Caught up on my weeding. Put down some more mulch in areas that needed it. Yup, I'm ready for fall!

Comments (5)