SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joellenh_gw

I'm finally building that cute fence I posted.

joellenh
13 years ago

Some of you will remember that adorable fence picture I found and lusted after all of last year:

Friday I spent all day buying and hauling wood and paint. I used one of the $10 off $50 coupons on the homepage of Lowes.com, and a new $10 off $50 printed with my register receipt. So I kept going back and buying more with the coupons in groups of 50. I don't want to tell you how many trips and coupons it took.

Saturday I spent painting my posts and trellises. The first shade of green I picked was completely wrong. Back to Lowes.

{{gwi:1092422}}

Spent the morning yesterday repainting the trellises and posts with 30 mph winds blowing all kinds of stuff into my paint and tearing my yard up. But I have to work when Dave is around to watch the kids, so I have to grab time wherever I find it. The second shade of green was PERFECT. You can see all the cardboard in the background that the wind tore out of my garden. Grr.

{{gwi:1092424}}

Here is a sneak preview of my colors.

{{gwi:1092426}}

Priming and painting the pickets is going to take FOREVER. probably two-three days.

Cutting the boards? Another day.

Marking and setting posts, two days.

Putting the fence together and touching up the paint, another couple days.

I figure when this is all said and done I will have put ten full days labor into it and over $500. I bit off way more than I can chew this time. Thankfully my garden is bordered on two sides by the house and by our property fence, so I "only" need to build 160' of fencing...YIKES.

AND I can't spend eight hours at a time working on it, so I have to steal 2-4 hours away from the kids at a time.

Jo

Comments (48)