SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_33914394

Neighbors... don't even know where I'm posting this. Sorry. I'm new.

User
6 years ago

First off, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong area.

Ok kind of a long story but here goes... we bought our home last year from a woman whose 70 year old mother lives next door. There is a chain link fence with a gate separating the properties. When school let out in June, the next door neighbor's granddaughter and great-grandchildren moved in with her. This granddaughter is the daughter of the woman I bought my home from. So to make this story easier I will give them names...

1. 70 yr old next door neighbor - Betty

2. Woman I bought home from and Betty's

daughter - Kim

3. Granddaughter of Betty and daughter of

Kim - Ashley

4. 5 yr old son of Ashley - Jaxson

Ever since Ashley and Jaxson moved in next door it has been total chaos. I was very nice in the beginning which they took advantage of and let Jaxson play with my kids for several hours days in a row. But when we had places to go or things to do and I told him he had to go home he would get mad and ask me why. I'd walk him to the gate and shut the gate. Within minutes he would be back knocking on my door. There were several occasions he came into our home at 9am, 10am, etc. Yes my door was unlocked but it was my garage door! I sent him home on another occasion and heard my dark barking in our garage. I went to check and he was sitting there watching tv in our garage after I'd already sent him home 15 minutes earlier! He's broke things. One just happened to be a throttle cable on a kids motorcycle that our friend was storing in our garage. When he climbed on it I asked him to get off of it and he told me he didn't have to. That's his response to almost everything I ask or tell him. "I don't have to." Eventually my husband and I decided we had had enough and our kids weren't playing with him anymore so we asked Betty to put a lock on the gate til we can get our own 6 foot high fence built. She said she would but she, Kim, and Ashley became angry with us. I explained why we wanted this. They act as if we are lying and making it up which we would never do. Kim has told me herself that Ashley doesn't watch her kids! I'm baffled. Now Jaxson is digging holes under the fence. None of them say anything to him. He had the keys to the lock one day and let himself over in my yard. He tries climbing the fence. I don't understand why they can't understand this is our yard. We pay the taxes. We pay the mortgage here. How can they decide to just help themselves to my yard when we never go onto their property. Are we wrong for wanting our home, yard and privacy back?!

Comments (23)