SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mycitygarden

Help w/ Garden--Hosta Ideas

mycitygarden
14 years ago

Hello, all!

As you will see below, I have a small garden w/ many astilbes (sprite, ostrich plum, & fanal), tradescantia (sweet kate), 2 types of brunnera (love that jack frost!!), & a quick fire hydrangea. With the green-gold of the trandescantia w/ its blue/violet colors, could you suggest any hostas to fit in in the middle of the bed (between/behind the fanal astilbes)? Note: the aconitum will be moved to the back of the bed to the sides of the quick fire--too large) & the big leafed plant (rodergsia) will be moved as well. I was thinking something in the blue family and/or yellow/green variegated. I get about 2 hours of direct noontime sun & need probably medium sized hostas. Note: in other parts of this garden I've been successful w/ Halcyon, June, August Moon, Cap't Kirk & Krossa Regal (just got an Abiqua Drinking Gourd, too--love the looks of that crinkly corrugated look!!!)

{{gwi:1073170}}

{{gwi:1073169}}

{{gwi:1099147}}

And, by the way, is there a way for me to post my photos from photobucket where the photos are large (like I've seen all the rest of yours are)? I think my directions for posting are old...

Thank you in advance for your help! I've seen how many ideas you've had for others in the past!

MCG

Comments (11)