SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenacreslady

Another newcomer

14 years ago

Hello, I found your forum a few weeks ago and have already learned so much from all of you, so I thought it's time to introduce myself. My husband and I moved from Oklahoma City to a small acreage between Edmond and Guthrie last October. We've always lived in the city and we love it out here. Although I did quite a bit of flower gardening, I haven't had a veggie garden in at least 15 years, so I'm really excited about starting one this spring. We have 1 and 3/4 acres, so there's plenty of room, but I plan to start small for now. Okiedawn, I read your recommendation about the book by Barbara Pleasant, Starter Vegetable Gardens, and bought it .... it's wonderful! I think I'll start with a bag garden for now because it looks like a good (and easy) way to start small and then add on. I'm planning on tomatoes and peppers and some herbs to begin with this year. The reason I picked the user name greenacreslady is because I've been talking so much about gardening and composting that my husband told me the other day that I'm beginning to remind him of Green Acres, the old TV show where they moved from the city to the country :). We don't have any farm animals, haha, but we do have a sweet black lab and an ornery but lovable english springer spaniel. No kids at home any longer, but we have two adult kids and five fun grandkids. We're going to be very busy this spring getting things the way we'd like them around here, such as having a large building put in the back for our fifth wheel & pickup and a little workshop area. Will also be redoing some of the flower beds and adding lots of perennials, and I hope to plant some crape myrtles and redbud trees. That's it for now .... I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, and hope maybe I can offer some input too from time to time.

Suzie

Comments (13)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals